You are suceesfully registered
- Makarpura industrial estate was established in 1960 by Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) in the city of Vadodara. During that time, with 332 hectares of land, Makarpura estate was the largest industrial estate in terms of area in Asia.
- These gave rise to the development of several small industries. Being a small and new industrial estate, there are tremendous challenges related to infrastructure and other business-related problems in dealing with different agencies. There is an urgent need to set up an industrial body to collectively represent the interest of these new and budding entrepreneurs to various authorities.
- During that period, Mr. Rambhai Kesaria, founder of "Microfine Bearing" in shed No. 38, and other industrialists had taken the initiative to establish legal industries body and the "Makarpura Association" born in 1969. The association members worked hard with the government department and Vadodara municipal corporation to make proper road and drainage systems. They also initiated the public transport services for the estate with the help of a municipal corporation. Initially, the office was in the building of Vadodara Municipal corporation.
- As the saying goes, "UNITY IS STRENGTH," and the association's membership stood at 100 members. In 1976, the name was changed to "MAKARPURA INDUSTRIAL AREA ASSOCIATION"
- In Makarpura GIDC, several visionary and experienced entrepreneur has started their factory. As of now, 4000 plus units are operative in the estate. Many large corporates and Multinational companies are in and around the Makarpura GIDC, giving rise to a large no of ancillary companies. Examples are ABB, Alstom, FAG bearing, Siemens, Bombardier Transportation, General Electric, Panasonic, Phillips, Voltamp, etc. The primary industry sector in Makarpura GIDC includes Electrical product and panel manufacturing, Machinery manufacturing, machine tools, Machining center, Fabrication, Foundries, packaging units, plastic processing, and a few pharma and chemical companies.
- Due to very poor infrastructure in the estate, there is an urgent need for a collaborative approach for the speedy development of various facilities in the area for the welfare of entrepreneurs and their employees. With this positive intention, Makarpura Association was re-named "Makarpura GIDC Industrial Estate Infrastructure & Charitable Association." With this change, the CIP project was approved, and hence roads and drainage systems were developed quickly.
- Furthermore, to support the fund requirements of the industrialist, with the co-operative efforts of members of the Makarpura Association and other industrialists of the estate, "The Makarpura Industrial Estate co-operative Bank" was established in 1972.
- Under this charitable trust, a Medical facility was developed in the GIDC area, which caters to different medical facilities like General physicians, Dental care, and Physiotherapy.
- Apart from these, the Technical Education Board, Gandhinagar, Government of Gujarat approved Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) operate in the Makarpura Association campus. Different cader of ITI like Turner, Fitter, wireman, etc., are available and certified by TEB, Gujarat. From the passe out technician, we have a record of almost 100 % placement yearly. It is very much helpful in fulfilling the industries' skilled labor requirements.
- Life Time membership charges are Rs. 2600/- (Rs. 2500/- Membership fee + Rs. 100/- Registration fee).
- For Private Limited Company Life Time membership charges are Rs. 11100/-
(Rs. 11000/- Membership fee + Rs. 100/- Registration fee).